Ventura Landmark Homes

Ventura Landmark Homes

Louis Rudolph Craftsman Bungalow
958 E. Santa Clara Street

Built 1922, Designated March 2002

Louis Rudolph Craftsman Bungalow

This single-story Craftsman Bungalow was built by local contractor Louis Rudolph in 1922 and lived in by his family until 1925, when he sold the lot to Amos Lovoorn, Manger of J. C. Penny Company.  Mr. Rudolph built the house next door and also built the Elk’s Hall on Main Street and Ash.

The house is a well-designed bungalow with a basement.  The low-pitched hipped gable roof has exposed rafters under the broad eaves.  Two large square stuccoed columns support the hipped gable roof and cross beam.  A half brick design is featured on both the columns and fireplace. The house has narrow clapboard on the upper portion and shingles on the lower portion.