Ventura Landmark Homes

Ventura Landmark Homes

Norton Ranch House 71 N. Palm Street

Designated October 1998

Norton Ranch House

This large two-story Craftsman style house was built in 1910 by Mr. Norton for his home in the 40 acre walnut grove located off of Bristol Road in east Ventura . During the twentieth century many prominent families, Cheney, Callens, Vanoni, Ramelli and De Silva, were connected to the house. In 1989 the house was moved to downtown Ventura when the property on which it sat was purchased for development. Moved to its current location in 1993, the house was eventually rehabilitated for use as a restaurant.  The exterior has been faithfully restored including a distinctive second story porch that runs the full length of the front and a porte-cochere.