Ventura Landmark Homes

Ventura Landmark Homes

Judge Ewing Residence 605 Poli Street

Built 1894, Designated September 23, 1975

Judge Ewing Residence

This house was built in 1894 for Judge Felix Ewing, then the only judge in Ventura County. It was built in the popular Queen Anne style. The large wrap around porch was elaborate for its time. The library has special carved paneling and tiled floors. The stone used in the walls was quarried in Foster Park north of Ventura. The building is now used as law offices.