Ventura Landmark Homes

Ventura Landmark Homes

Bert Shaw House 1141 Poli Street

Built 1996, Designated September 15, 1980

Bert Shaw House

Built in 1896 by Jesse Bert Shaw, the son of Selwyn Shaw and a carpenter/builder like his father, this one-and-a-half story Victorian, with a medium high pitched cross gable roof and plain boxed cornice, is one of several houses built and lived in by members of the Shaw family along the 1100 block of Poli Street . The main feature of this house is a modified Palladian window on the front. A flat roofed addition was added on the west in 1929.